SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Useful posts (maybe)

I know I haven't been blogging recently, and there is a ton of stuff to update regarding the post-admit process - visa, housing, financial aid, and even a car! I will do that later once I have more time. I'm still working and plan to work through the summer to earn some extra moolah for school. Oh and the World Cup has been sucking a lot of time too ;) I envy all you guys that have already quit and are spending the summer traveling or just bumming around!! My turn will come... 2.5 weeks before I officially hand in my resignation letter and then another month before my last day. The management team doesn't know yet... how did you guys bring up the subject?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've added a section on the left for posts that I think would be useful for next year's class - GMAT tips, interviews, etc. Going through my old posts, I also found a few things about essays and recommendations, but they weren't in neat little posts that I can just link to, so if you're interested you'll have to wade in through all the muck of my application story =)

11 Comments:

Blogger Yasser said...

you are doing an MBA in what field?

6/21/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

good compilation. i hope you get the time to write more often...

6/21/2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

I'm still working too. Trying to save more $$. :-P

Take a deep breath. Say to yourself, "I can do this." Walk into your boss's office. "Hello. I was wondering if you had some time to chat? I would like to discuss something with you. *sit down* Over the past year I've been seriously thinking about my career goals and discovered i have a strong interest in [management, marketing, or whatever]. I believe an MBA will help me leverage myself into this position, so during this past year I've applied to a couple graduate schools. I was excited to receive admission to Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business and have decided to enroll in their program this fall..."

Anyway, just an idea to start you off. :-)

6/22/2006 1:34 AM  
Blogger Rituparna Roy Chowdhury said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6/24/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger Aks... said...

Hey Tuckie. Thanks for your comment. I tell you much on bringing up the topic of resignation with the management. In my casse, my manager and his boss knew all along, from the time I started preparing for my GMAT.

But I guess considering that you're going to Tuck, everyone would be proud and happy for you. Just prepare a nice little letter describing your experience at the organization.

Handing in the resignation letter definitely gives some kick.

6/25/2006 4:01 AM  
Blogger MGalBlue said...

I am still working :( Need to safe as much molah as I can. I am soon going to be a poor student who would dine at any free dinner at any company presentations! I am lucky that I don't have to resign. I am going on a long leave of absence from my company. Good luck with your resignation letter!

7/06/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger Ankur said...

Thanks for this really informative post........Keep it up.

http://www.bestschoolsformba.blogspot.com/

5/19/2009 7:21 PM  
Blogger Direct Admission said...

Nice Blog!!! Keep writing for our information and You can even offer students direct admission in bba and Direct admission in BBA colleges .you must check it now.

3/21/2014 4:22 PM  
Blogger Direct Admission said...

Nice Blog!!! Keep writing for our information and You can even offer students direct admission in bba and Direct admission in BBA colleges .you must check it now.

3/21/2014 5:14 PM  
Blogger BBAcollegesIndia.in said...

Niceblog!!! Good to see such a wonderful blog find complete list of top BBA colleges in India and get admission on Behalf of your academic percentages Like your 10th,12th percentage and Entrance Score.

3/24/2014 8:42 PM  
Blogger PGDMcollegesDelhi.in said...

Niceblog!!! Good to see such a wonderful blog find complete list of top pgdm colleges delhi and get direct admission in pgdm colleges delhi on Behalf of your academic percentages.

4/09/2014 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home