SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Useful posts (maybe)

I know I haven't been blogging recently, and there is a ton of stuff to update regarding the post-admit process - visa, housing, financial aid, and even a car! I will do that later once I have more time. I'm still working and plan to work through the summer to earn some extra moolah for school. Oh and the World Cup has been sucking a lot of time too ;) I envy all you guys that have already quit and are spending the summer traveling or just bumming around!! My turn will come... 2.5 weeks before I officially hand in my resignation letter and then another month before my last day. The management team doesn't know yet... how did you guys bring up the subject?

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've added a section on the left for posts that I think would be useful for next year's class - GMAT tips, interviews, etc. Going through my old posts, I also found a few things about essays and recommendations, but they weren't in neat little posts that I can just link to, so if you're interested you'll have to wade in through all the muck of my application story =)

4 Comments:

Blogger yasser said...

you are doing an MBA in what field?

6/21/2006 11:34 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

good compilation. i hope you get the time to write more often...

6/21/2006 9:57 PM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

I'm still working too. Trying to save more $$. :-P

Take a deep breath. Say to yourself, "I can do this." Walk into your boss's office. "Hello. I was wondering if you had some time to chat? I would like to discuss something with you. *sit down* Over the past year I've been seriously thinking about my career goals and discovered i have a strong interest in [management, marketing, or whatever]. I believe an MBA will help me leverage myself into this position, so during this past year I've applied to a couple graduate schools. I was excited to receive admission to Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business and have decided to enroll in their program this fall..."

Anyway, just an idea to start you off. :-)

6/22/2006 1:34 AM  
Blogger Aakhil said...

Hey Tuckie. Thanks for your comment. I tell you much on bringing up the topic of resignation with the management. In my casse, my manager and his boss knew all along, from the time I started preparing for my GMAT.

But I guess considering that you're going to Tuck, everyone would be proud and happy for you. Just prepare a nice little letter describing your experience at the organization.

Handing in the resignation letter definitely gives some kick.

6/25/2006 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home