SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Aftermath

Thank you all for your condolences... the blogging community here has been a great support group through this whole process. I was definitely in a bit of a shock after getting the Wharton ding (it affected me more than I thought it would and I couldn't sleep that night), but soon realized that I am pretty lucky already compared to some of my fellow bloggers. I'm happy to report that W is now out of my system.

I know it's a little early to be doing this (especially after a ding and you never know what might happen on Wed), but I am having a hard time deciding between Tuck and Chicago. Originally I entered this whole process intending to return to consulting, and if that were the case now, I would definitely be going to Tuck in the fall (I'm already dreaming of my season pass at Killington!). However, I am now interested in exploring buy-side finance as well and I know that Chicago undeniably has an edge in terms of finance recruiting. I am a Tuckie at heart but I don't want to be at a disadvantage career wise. What should I do? Arrrrrghhhh...

6 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

follow your heart !

3/19/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger sorebrek said...

Be lazy - postpone decisions. No seriously - check out the admit weeekends first.

3/19/2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Go where you know you will be happy :)

3/20/2006 1:11 AM  
Blogger laserlikefocus said...

You know what my answer will be :)

Seriously though, if you intend to make a buy side finance switch, don't write off Tuck. Academically Chicago might be way ahead but there is something to be said about not having to compete with 100s of investment bankers trying to make the same switch as you.

3/20/2006 5:36 AM  
Blogger Benny said...

I would go to Tuck.
At Tuck you will be able to explore finance and general management.
Chicago is very cool, but maybe too academic and focused on economics and finance.
I almost dropped my chicago app 'cause of that.

3/21/2006 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can someone PLEASE tell me honestly whether it is worth doing the summer business bridge program at Tuck for Humanities grads? Will I waste $8500 or actually learn something valuable? I've had 2 business internships already and it's a lot of money. (HELP.)

4/20/2007 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home