SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I hate off topic essays

Over the weekend, I tried to start on my Chicago essays. Essays 1 and 2 are relatively straightforward, and I was able to draw on some of the materials from my previous essays for Tuck and Wharton. In fact, I managed to finish first drafts for the first 2 essays in a few days. But then I got to essays 3 and 4. I knew good things don't last.

Dear Chicago Adcom, I have the utmost respect for you, but why do you have to make the application process more difficult than it already is??? I am complaining, yeah, but having to write more essays from scratch really sucks. #%^&@$£$#!!

On a more positive note, my Wharton application is done - application form filled in, ready to submit. The only thing holding me back now is the possibility of getting more ideas from doing Chicago that I can update my Wharton essays with. At least I can focus on one school for the next 3 weeks. The only problem is I can feel myself slacking off. Think I'm losing steam... and I need to figure out a way to get my wind back. Fast.

3 Comments:

Blogger laserlikefocus said...

There is one solution. Go ahead, slack off and then when the deadline looks menacing enough you'll get back your mojo. Just kidding :)

If you find out way, lemme know. I am pretty good at procrastinating myself.

Look at the new Chicago essays as creative writing challenges. That worked for me.

12/07/2005 10:52 PM  
Blogger sorebrek said...

Here's my recipe:
(1) Reward: As soon as you get back from work, plop on the couch, switch on the TV and watch 'Trading Spouses'. You've had a long working day - you deserve this.
(2) Exercise: Without leaving the couch stretch for the phone. Call for a deep-dish 'roni; don't forget the extra cheese.
(3) Research: Flip channels furiously until you find another show lamer than Trading Spouses.
(4) Read: the goofy posts on BW and S2S until 2 AM.

Rinse, repeat the next day :-)

12/08/2005 12:10 AM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

man, chicago essays are tough. they really are. i have been jumping from one topic to another...and am still deciding which ones to write. could i have asked anything more to add to the already very stressful process.

hang in there - think about the good times post Jan 5th. that's what keeps me going.

12/08/2005 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home