SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Tuck progress

I haven't been posting for quite sometime - simply because work has been taking all of my time. To the extent of me not working on my apps for a couple of weeks.

Fortunately, I managed to get this weekend free, and I locked myself up at home with 90% of my time dedicated to getting my Tuck application ready (the other 10% had to be spent on inconvenient tasks such as laundry and eating). Unlike earlier occasions, I'm happy to report higher productivity this time round and I've completed second drafts for Tuck essays 1 to 3, and have just finished the first draft of essay 4! I plan to get them sent off to my reviewers as soon as possible. Oh and I have to say this - the team spirit and helpfulness of Tuckies is absolutely unmatched. One Tuck alum I got in touch with through Tuck Connections even offered to give me some comments on my essays! (I didn't ask... he offered!)

With Dec 1 only 2.5 weeks away, I need to work on the other parts of the application (resume/work history, EC descriptions, etc.) and I hope to start on some of it later today. I also need to come up with a few specific examples of my strengths that my recommenders can use.

Better get back to work, the clock's ticking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

It is definitely food for thought. I think the ideal job for me would be consulting, since I would always work on new projects and not get bored...but that is not the lifestyle I want for myself, so something has got to give. Let me know if you figure out the answer :)

Good luck on your applications!

11/14/2005 9:34 AM  
Blogger SgHama said...

Gunnermba - Married life is good :) Did you get your wharton invite in the end?

11/19/2005 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home