SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another Tuck progress update

I've been spending the past couple of days working on the application form itself since my essays are with my reviewers now. I'm glad I started early - I never knew they would take this long. I've done my transcripts, filled up the activities section (this in itself took a few hours trying to fit each description into 300 characters, spaces included), and just finished my resume last night (also another tedious task given that I had to rephrase everything WITHOUT any consulting jargon. e.g. words like "benchmarked" had to be thrown out the window and replaced with something more accessible such as "evaluated" or "assessed").

Now all that's left is:
1. Employment information - I'll have to dig through my old salary letters to find out my bonuses, short job description (btw, can someone who's filled out a Tuck application tell me what goes in here? It says no paragraph breaks and has a 650 character limit...). I also had to convert my salary to US dollars and boy does it look paltry after the conversion.

2. Edit essays after I get feedback.

3. Follow up with recommenders to make sure they get submitted on time.

4. Financial aid form - This is one thing I almost forgot to do. Tuck requires original documents so I have to send this by post, and it has to reach them by Dec 9! Good thing I picked up on this - was originally going to work on it after Dec 1, but think I'm gonna have to start earlier. The thing is, it's a PDF file that needs to be printed out - which means I have two options: a) fill it out by hand, or b) try and find a typewriter (who the hell uses one these days??) so it looks more professional. I know it's probably a good idea to use the typewriter, but the problem is I haven't seen one in 10 years!

5. Hit submit before Dec 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home