SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Can you write an essay in under half an hour?

Last night sitting on the bed in my hotel room, I worked on Essay 2, laboriously trying to describe one of my challenges leading a team of programmers and achieving our target despite incredible odds. And as usual I didn’t get very far with it. My mind was completely unfocused and I was distracted by this movie on TV, not sure what it was called but it involved a lot of bike racing. I’m a sucker for racing/sports movies.

On my way to the office today, I had a sudden flash of inspiration and as soon as I came into the office, I junked last night’s sorry writing. Well not really junked. I saved a backup copy just in case. But I basically booted up my laptop, opened up the essay and wrote my new idea in all of 20 minutes! Unbelievable, and I think this new one is much stronger because I wrote about one of my EC’s instead of another war story about work. Anyway it’s still very raw, but at least I’ve got my thoughts down and it would be easier to rework it now that I’ve got a base to start with.

Ok, I better stop patting myself on my back and get back to work. Got a presentation tomorrow and I haven’t even started on the analysis yet… sigh.

1 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

you are on a roll boy....
i am really starting to get scared...need to write something atleast...

8/25/2005 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home