SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Reality check

I just got off the phone with Sandy Kreisberg and he didn't sound too optimistic about my chances at Wharton. Bummer. The main problems, as I already know, are my GPA and my lack of EC's. So basically unless I can tell a compelling story that hits home with the adcom, I will probably be left behind by guys with better grades and EC's, who also have high GMAT scores and work experience at the more prestigious strategy firms.

A little depressing, but I think I'll stick with my school choices. I always knew Wharton would be a stretch, just didn't like hearing it I guess.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, dont worry about it, Wharton's a tough ap. Plus, keep in mind that at some level he's trying to sell you his services.

8/09/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

Thanks a lot.
The real game begins now.

8/11/2005 8:28 AM  
Blogger felix1775 said...

Seriously, don't let those guys get you down. If you really want to go to Wharton, that'll come out in your essays. That's really what the schools want to hear anyway. They want smart people who really want to go. I also talked to a few consultants and their views were so different on my chances and my "story" that I realized you really need to go with your gut.

8/17/2005 3:00 AM  
Blogger laserlikefocus said...

Forgive my ignorance :) but what is EC?

10/18/2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger SgHama said...

extra-curricular activities. unfortunately i haven't done a lot...

10/18/2005 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home