SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Work and unpredictable travel

Have been pretty busy lately with work - just got back from Bangkok today, and I still have to go to the office tomorrow. MBA-related work has been put on hold for the past couple of weeks.

I'm planning to give Sandy from Cambridge Essay Service a call on Monday to see what insights he might have to offer. Bought some SkypeOut credits to use, so that should save me much moolah. Not sure what the quality is like, but will give it a try.

Last minute traveling is a pain. 3 days ago, I received an email telling me I needed to go to Jakarta for the next few weeks, and would be leaving tomorrow night. I was completely blindsided by this - I was expecting to be home for the next couple months until the wedding. So this was terrible, terrible timing. I just came back from the Phils last Saturday and flew to Bangkok the next day. Now, after being back for a day, which I have to spend at work anyway, I have to go to Jakarta?? And you tell me 3 days before???

But as usual, the plans have changed. And at the last minute. I'm still going to Jakarta, but on Wednesday night instead of tomorrow but Wednesday night. At least I'll be home Friday night. For now anyway. Who knows what will happen in the next few days.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am a fellow applicant from Singapore. All the best for your application.

8/08/2005 12:09 AM  
Blogger SgHama said...

Thanks... where are you planning to apply to?

8/08/2005 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not finalized yet, but most likely Tuck will be in the list. I tried to organize a meet up for Singapore-based applicants in BW forum. Will be perfect if you can join.

8/10/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger SgHama said...

Cool, would love to meet up. Please keep me in the loop - sghama at gmail

8/10/2005 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home