SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Blogs and forums

My eyes are blurry and seeing stars. Just went through 5 hours of binge MBA blog reading. My trip to the Phils has been postponed by a week so just hanging out at home trying to take in the whole application process again by the guys that just went through it.

Notable reads (today):

Tagad_Tale - I pretty much went through the whole blog to find out what Tuck is like. Reaffirms the whole close-knit community with awesome bust-a-nut-to-help-you alumnis. Nice!

Chanakya - Another source for Tuck information. Well not that much, but he's going to Tuck this fall. cynical and funny. I like his style. too bad he hasn't been active recently.

Iceman07 - Going to Wharton this fall. Although I didn't get to really go through the blog (reached here late and i can't look at the computer screen for much longer), got a feeling there's good stuff here about the wharton application process. Will have to come back again and spend some time reading.

I used to spend a lot of time in the BW/S2S forums, but I'm finding them pretty low in quality content compared to blogs where you can find much more candid information and get immersed in someone's story. There's a limit to how many posts you can read by people thinking that the all-knowing forum community can accurately assess their chances of getting into H/S/W after putting up some GMAT/GPA stats and some other job related numbers. So you got a 770 GMAT and 3.8 GPA with 4 years in P/E. Do you really need someone to tell you, "Based on your stats, I think you got a good shot at H/W/S... blah blah blah"??? You know your numbers are within/above the range of your target schools. Get on the clue train already and start working on your essays!! Sheeeeeet.

Ok, I can't ignore the forums completely, but I think I'll spend less time on them from now onwards. I also discovered Bloglines which lets you get feeds from the blogs you're interested in following. Saves me the hassle of having to go to each and every blog individually. I know, i'm a little behind on the tools available. 2 months ago I didn't even know what a blog was.

Alright i'm seeing double now. later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home