SgHama's MBA Dream

After 2 years of what if's and worrying about the finances... class of 2008 here I come!

Monday, June 27, 2005

Some progress...

OK, haven't started on the essays yet, but I did contact the manager I worked with the most from my previous firm about recommendations. I really need his help for the recs because I haven't had any significant leadership roles in my current firm, so he would be the best person to give feedback regarding my team leadership and management skills. The good news is he said OK!

Now i just need to find a second recommender. I have two managers in mind, but I'll have to tread more delicately here since I'm up for promotion in September and I don't want my MBA plans to affect that. One of them is leaving the firm at the end of the month, so I'll probably ask him since he won't be affected by my study plans, and will still be able to comment on my work over the past few months. The only problem is, I did a lot of my work independently, without much supervision, so I'm not sure about the quality of feedback I'll get. Not so much whether it'll be positive or not, but more on whether he'll be able to provide good examples to highlight my strengths and weaknesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home