Tuck deadlines & essays
Deadline - Oct 17, 2005
Decision - Dec 16, 2005
App for Tuck Funds - Oct 24, 2005
Deadline - Dec 1, 2005
Decision - Feb 1, 2006
App for Tuck Funds - Dec 8, 2005
Deadline - Jan 12, 2006
Decision - Mar 24, 2006
App for Tuck Funds - Jan 19, 2006
Deadline - Apr 10, 2006
Decision - May 16, 2006
App for Tuck Funds - Apr 17, 2006
1. Why is an MBA a critical next step toward your short- and long-term career goals? Why is Tuck the best MBA program for you? (If you are applying for a joint or dual degree, please explain how the additional degree will contribute to those goals.)
2. Tuck defines leadership as “inspiring others to strive and enabling them to accomplish great things.” Describe a time when you exercised such leadership. Discuss the challenges you faced and the results you achieved. What characteristics helped you to be effective, and what areas do you feel you need to develop in order to be a better leader?
3. Many highly effective leaders have noted that they learned more about leadership in times of crisis than in times of success. Discuss a significant nonacademic failure that you have experienced. What did you do that contributed to the creation of the problems you faced? How did you handle the situation, and what have you learned from it?
4. What do you most want others to know about you as a person? How do you hope that aspect of who you are will contribute to the Tuck community?
5. (Optional) Please provide any additional insight or information that you have not addressed elsewhere that may be helpful in reviewing your application. Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented by this application.